Viser resultat 1- af

Vis flere resultater

Checklist - getting started - official matters

A systematic guide of official matters to take care of when moving to Horsens. Be aware that you have to comply in the exact order listed below.


Registering for residence in Denmark

When moving to Denmark, you may need to apply for a registration certificate. The way to do that depends on your country of origin. Find all the information you need and how to apply at


How to receive a personal registration number (CPR number)

As a resident in Denmark, you will need a CPR number. CPR stands for Central Person Register. Your CPR number is important in relation to any contact with the Danish authorities and especially in connection with tax and social security issues.

To receive a CPR number, contact:

ICS is a one-stop shop where you can receive your personal registration number (CPR number), NemID and Tax paper all at once. ICS assists with a number of other official matters as well as providing personal guidance on seeking jobs, the Danish tax system and more. You can also find information about living and working conditions, accommodation, childcare, social activities etc. The employees are trained in both bureaucratic and practical matters.

  • Citizen Service (located at MAGION, Grindsted and Billund Bibliotek, Billund)

Please note that you must turn up in person and bring your passport, residence permit and lease in order to apply for a CPR number.

Learn more about CPR number at Life in Denmark -  the official citizen portal of Denmark. 


NemID - your digital signature

NemID is a common secure login on the internet, which will make is easy for you to use many online self-service solutions. It is a personal card with a large number of codes on it. You will be able to use it for e.g. doing your online banking, finding out information from the public authorities and registering a change of address.

You can request NemID:

  • Online via the NemID website 
    You can request NemID online only if you have a Danish passport or Danish driving licence.
  • At Citizen Service (Borgerservice) - located at MAGION, Grindsted and Billund Bibliotek, Billund
    You will need to bring a person who can be your witness. Also, you will need to bring a bring valid ID. Read about valid ID options.
  • By contacting your bank.
  • At International Citizen Service (ICS), Åboulevarden 31, 1st floor, 8000 Aarhus C. Here you can apply for NemID, the personal number (CPR number) and Tax paper, all at once.

Read everything there is to know about NemID at the official Danish citizen portal Life in Denmark.

Watch a short video about the advantages of NemID.  


SKAT (Tax)

n Denmark, various services such as libraries, roads, children’s schools and health sector are financed in part through taxes. Everyone working in Denmark is required to pay tax. The tax system is progressive, which means that the more you earn, the higher percentage you pay in income tax.

If you will work in Denmark, you need to apply for a tax card at SKAT (the Danish Customs and Tax Administration). You can request a Tax card:

  • Online via the SKAT website:
    Danish tax card and personal tax number
  • At International Citizen service (ICS). Here you can apply for a Tax card, NemID and the personal number (CPR number), all at once.

You can read more about the taxation in Denmark here:
Taxation in Denmark



In Denmark, all banks are private, so if you plan to have an income in Denmark, you will need a Danish bank account. Employers will pay your salary directly into your bank account, but other payments such as cash benefits, educational grant, child maintenance payments and pensions will be transfered directly as well.

To open an account, you will need:

  • An employment contract (If you are a student you should bring your letter of enrolment from the Danish educational institution you attend).
  • A passport or ID with photo.
  • Proof of address in Denmark (such as a rental contract for your accommodation).
  • Your CPR number.
  • To ask the Bank to make the account a “NemKonto”.

If you are a cross-border worker, you will need to bring:

  • An employment contract
  • A passport or ID with photo
  • A personal tax number/tax card

Ask the Bank to make the account a “NemKonto”.
Be aware that most banks in Denmark do not handle cash in house so it is not possible to make withdrawals or deposit money inside the Bank. Instead, ATMs are located all around Denmark and in general just outside the Bank.

Read more:

Bank and finance


Do you need to exchange your foreign driving licence?

In some cases you will need to exchange your foreign driving licence for a Danish driving licence. Read about the rules at 

If you need to exchange your license, please contact Citizen Service (Borgerservice)

Borgerservice Magion Bibliotek (Grindsted)

Borgerservice Billund Bibliotek (Billund)

Telephone  79 72 70 15


Digital Post

If you have a Danish CPR number you will receive Digital Post from public authorities.

You can find your Digital Post at at the top of the page. You will need to use NemID to log in. 

Learn more about Digital Post here.

Watch a short video about the importance of Digital Post


Health Insurance Card - the yellow card

Denmark has an extensive public healthcare system that offers free consultation and treatment at a local doctor's, emergency wards and public hospitals.

If you work legally in Denmark, you are covered by the Danish health insurance system. Most examinations and treatments are free, but you need to register and get a health insurance card.

Children are covered by the health insurance scheme together with their mother or father until they reach the age of 15 and are insured independently of their parents. 

Read more and order the yellow health insurance card here


European Health Insurance Card - the blue card

If you need medical treatment during travels in the EU, Norway, Iceland, Liechtenstein (EEA), or Switzerland you will have to use the blue European Health Insurance Card.

Who can get the European health insurance card?

You can get the blue European health insurance card if you live in Denmark, are a citizen of an EU country, Norway, Iceland, Liechtenstein or Switzerland and you are covered by national health insurance in Denmark.

In special cases, you may be entitled to a European health insurance card if you:

  • live abroad and work in Denmark.
  • are posted by a Danish employer to work in another country.

Also, you may be entitled to a European health insurance card if you are a stateless person, a recognised refugee or a family member of a person covered by national health insurance in Denmark. A family member is your spouse or common-law partner and your children under 18 years of age. However, parents of children who are citizens of an EU/EEA country or Switzerland are not entitled to a blue European health insurance card.

How to order the European Health Insurance Card

Read more and apply for the Blue European Health Insurance Card here.  

If you are not able to order the blue card online, you can contact Udbetaling Danmark by telephone: 70 12 80 81.